Are you paying your employees correctly?
Failure to understand federal and state labor laws can cost an employer significantly. Consider the following when determining an employees pay:
The Department of Labor has announced its proposal to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) “white collar” exemptions for executive, administrative and professional employees. Your employees could be affected by this change.
Establish Clear Policies
- How should employees report their time?
- What time will they be paid for? (i.e. overtime, meals, travel, training, etc.)
- How should employees request overtime?
When & What to Pay
- Does your employees’ pay meet minimum federal & state regulations?
- What happens when an employee works unauthorized overtime?
- When can you legally deduct from your employees’ pay?
- What is considered compensable travel time?
Need more help with FLSA regulations?